What is Oily Skin?
Our skin produces natural oil to combat dryness and keep the skin soft and supple. When too much sebum is produced, it leads to penetration from pores making skin look greasy and glossy , giving the skin oily look.
Oily Skin Symptoms
People who have large pores with shiny and thicker layer of greasy skin are said to have oily skin. Such skin ages slowly due to enough hydration but suffers from problems like acne, pimples and blackheads. The excess oil combines with the dead cells and bacteria on the surface of the skin to form pimples, blemishes blackheads etc.
Why some people have oily Skin?
There are main reasons for oily skin , hormones, genetics, diet changes, cosmetics etc.
During puberty, pregnancy or other life events , there are hormonal changes leading to increased androgen levels leading to excess oil generation.
Genetics also play an important role in the type of skin a person has. People get their physical features from either side of hereditary , maternal or paternal, skin type is also one of them.
Tips to take care of oily skin
The following steps if followed, will keep your skin oil under control.
- Cleanse your face regularly.
By washing your face regularly, the oil in pores is cleaned preventing pimples and blackheads. You must wash your face at least 2 times a day. While traveling, you can use blotting sheets to remove excess oil from the face.
- Using a toner
A toner cleanses the skin from within, keeping oil under control
- Moisturize your skin
Many think oily skin does not require a moisturizer, but it is not true. Oily skin requires a water based moisturiser to control oil production in the skin.
- Exfoliate regularly
Scrubbing removes a layer of dull and dead cells formed on the skin due to sweating and pollution. On scrubbing, the tiny granules clears the pores and reveals the fresh skin from within.
Dead Sea Mud- an effective treatment for oily skin
- The Dead Sea Mud works wonder for oily skin. Rich in 26 different minerals and salts, this Mud mask is a boon to acne prone skin. Our skin requires balance of all the minerals and this mud mask has it all.
- It has tiny granules, act as an exfoliator thus helping in cleaning the clogged pores and enabling the skin to breathe.
- The salts present in the Dead sea mud mask, helps maintain pH balance, thus keeping skin flawless and blemish free.
- The Dead Sea mud mask has absorbs the toxins present in the skin, thus avoiding pimples and blackheads.
- It controls the production of oil in the skin, making it look radiant and young and fresh.
- It helps to treat fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of ageing.
- It is also used to treat other skin problems like Psoriasis, eczema, breakouts, inflammation etc.
- Regular use of Dead sea Mud mask had helped in making skin soft, supple and young.